5May20 Letter from Pr. Frye
Dear Fellow Redeemed,
Grace and Peace to you! The Board of Elders and I have met (along with our Congregation Chairman and Property Board Chairman) to discuss beginning to have in-person worship services again. It has been decided that we will begin on Sunday May 17. In preparation for that Sunday and going forward the following plan and guidelines have been determined in order to comply with guidelines and do our best to look to the well-being of our members and neighbors:
- We will hold two divine services at the usual times of 8:00 and 10:45 with a limit at each service of 38 people (which includes the pastor, organist, and serving elders). Members will sign-up using the Holy Cross website holycrosskc.org (upper right-hand corner). Any one not able to use this method can call the church office (816-452-9113). Once the slots are filled no more will be allowed to attend.
- For those desiring to receive Holy Communion please indicate on the sign-up in the comment box whether you prefer Individual cup (I) or the Chalice (C). Elders will be wearing mask and gloves; Pastor will sanitize hands before the consecration. Special measures will be taken: the host will be distributed only in the hand, glasses will be spread out in the trays; a purificator soaked in Everclear will be used the wipe the Chalice after each communicant.
- We understand that not all our members may yet wish to return worship in person. We will be recording the 8:00 service and placing it on the website immediately after and continuing to make CD’s for those desiring to access it that way.
- If you are ill, coughing or sneezing, have contact within the past two weeks with someone with Covid-19, out of love for your neighbor please stay home. For those not sure, you may consider the CDC guidelines for those at Higher Risk.
- Worshipers are to enter through the north and south doors leading to the narthex ONLY. Upon entering you will have your temperature taken. Masks are encouraged. There will be masks available for those desiring one. Hand sanitizer will be made available in the narthex, entering and leaving the nave, going up to communion and leaving communion. Try to maintain appropriate social distance at all times, especially observing the blue taped areas.
- Hymnals and Bibles will not be in the pews. Bulletins with the entire service printed out will be available (take them home with you). We will omit handshakes, hugs, “sharing the peace,” etc. The offering plate will be located on a stand at entrance to the nave.
- At the end of the service, please try to maintain distancing. Take your bulletin with you and exit right away. (Please, no gathering in the narthex or anywhere else in the building). Feel free to visit in the parking areas “at a safe distance”.
- If restrooms are used, each person should try to wipe down what is used.
- There will be NO Sunday School for children until the fall quarter. We will not hold adult Bible Class at least through the month of May.
There is no doubt that we continue to live in challenging times. Our Lord’s Word and promises remain our source of strength and peace during these days. It is good that we have been able to be connected with His Word from a distance, but a greater joy to be able to begin to gather again in the place where our gracious Lord delivers all His gifts! As circumstances change and hopefully restrictions are lessened, we will continue to keep you informed and up to date.
Pastor and the Board of Elders